Kuwaiti petrol firm to fully finance USD15.9b new refinery

13 Oct 2015

(MENAFN) Kuwait’s National Petroleum Company (KNPC) is set to sign the main contracts granted to firms to construct the USD15.9 billion Al-Zour oil refinery.

The building of the 615,000 barrel per day refinery could be a major lift to Kuwait’s economy, which has reduced due to political tensions and low oil prices.

That project is aimed at promoting and growing two of Kuwait’s biggest refineries to focus on producing higher-value goods for export, such as diesel and kerosene.

The firm will finance 70 percent of the project externally and the other 30 percent would be funded internally through the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation.

More News

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience and by clicking “I Accept” below, you consent to the use of cookies. Learn more