UK’s Virgin Atlantic to launch second service to Dubai

22 Jul 2011

(MENAFN) Virgin Atlantic’s CCO, Julie Southern, said that the British carrier would soon launch its second service to Dubai, reporetd Arabian Business.

Southern added that the emirate of Dubai would always be an important destination since it represented around 25 percent of the airline’s revenue, whereas the remaining 75 percent came from the UK.

She also said that the carrier had no plans to expand its services in the Middle East or to launch another route in the region, since for the time being, the Dubai route was enough as the city was considered to be a central hub for the Gulf region and it needed to be served with a secod service.

It is worth noting that in 2011, Virgin Atlantic will be forecasted to grow by seven percent and in 2012 by 5 percent to 8 percent. The carrier is 51 percent owned by British billionaire Sir. Richard Branson.

More News

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience and by clicking “I Accept” below, you consent to the use of cookies. Learn more

This site is registered on as a development site.