FINANCIAL NEWS

Dubai’s Arabtec swings to losses in Q2

17 Aug 2015

(MENAFN) Dubai’s largest listed construction firm Arabtec announced that it had swung to a net loss in the second-quarter period of this year, missing analysts’ estimates as costs soar.

Arabtec made a net loss attributable to equity holders in the parent of USD195.59 million in the three months to June 30, it said in a statement. The builder had also reported losses in the preceding two quarters.

This compares with a profit of USD27.87 million on-year. Two analysts polled by Reuters had forecast Arabtec would make a quarterly net profit of between 88.4 million dirhams and USD24.66 million.

“The Board of Directors has undertaken a careful review of its accounting policies in respect of recognizing revenue, cost and profit and adopted a more conservative approach than that previously used,” Arabtec said.

More News