Jordan logs 6.5 percent surge in bank deposits over Jan-Sep

13 Nov 2015

(MENAFN) Jordan’s bank deposits improved 6.5 percent to USD45.3 Billion for the first nine months of the current year, as opposed to USD42.4 billion over the same period in 2014.

In particular, private sector deposits jumped 6 percent over the mentioned timeframe to USD41.3 billion from last year’s USD38.9 billion, based on the Central Bank’s data.

Moreover, private sector deposits accounted for 91.3 percent of the overall deposits whereas the rest 8.7 percent was obviously occupied by the kingdom’s public sector.

Furthermore, the public sector deposits increased to USD3.9 billion in the Jan-June period compared to last year’s recorded USD3.4 billion, which reflected a surge of 12.6 percent.

More News

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience and by clicking “I Accept” below, you consent to the use of cookies. Learn more

This site is registered on as a development site.